Now only i realize that actually every big company is almost the same. They have values, ethics, policies, standards, manuals, guidelines for the employees to follow. Don't ever misunderstood that I'm using synonyms. Those are different things to be remembered by heart (if I have the mood). And also, there are HR, HSE, IT, Supply Chain Management, Finance department in the company as well. Their functions are basically the same. And I think the people are similar also. I don't know how to put it in words, but suddenly this morning I felt like I'm just in another big deep hole.
well, today i started to set up my laptop at the IT department, and then went to see my segment Field Training Champion. After the orientation (i.e. base tour, colleagues introduction, HSE review) then I just went to the dedicated room for engineers, booted my laptop and did some reading.
I reckon nowadays employers want the employees to do self-learning. Everywhere is the same. You are on your own (=ALONE). Your progress of learning and absorption of knowledge are in your hands. Everywhere is the same.
Anyway, I just found out that I could only be home by end June. What a heavy price to pay!
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
agreed!
Post a Comment