Tuesday, December 2, 2008

BHI interview

Entrance to Baker Oil Tools and Baker Hughes Drilling Fluids Division

I went for an interview with Baker Hughes Incorporated (BHI) at Menara Tan & Tan this evening. The position offered was Tender and Quotation Analyst. Frankly speaking, I am more of a technical person and prefer engineering design work. Nevertheless I attended the interview.

Before I attended the interview, I have read the information on the position and the company.

Responsibilities

- Preparation of quotations and tender submissions which contain optimum pricing, and compliance with Baker Oil Tools systems and procedures.
- Define customer requirements within Baker Oil Tools and industry standards and specifications and confirm these are compiled and addressed in the final submission.
- Prepare and submit quotations against inquiries for standard Baker Oil Tools products in accordance with guidelines and procedures already in place; all within agreed time frame / deadline.
- Establish delivery lead time through discussions with manufacturing / engineering departments.
- Liaise effectively with internal and external customers.
- Prepare equipment listing with part numbers, where applicable and assist in the bid review process.


Skills Requirement

-
Strong knowledge of MS Office software packages.
- High planning, organizational and prioritizing skills.
- High initiative, integrity and good judgment.
- Ability to learn new technical information.
- Communication skills; verbal and written.
- Business, marketing and financial analytical skills.
- Familiarity with SAP is desirable. (What is SAP?)



Baker Hughes office at Menara Tan & TAN

I was interviewed by the division head, Mr. Henry and the division team leader, Mr. Benny Tan.

I should say, this interview forced me to take a serious look into my own interest. Mr. Henry wanted to know the extent of my passion and interest in oil and gas industry. He further mentioned that if I am not interested I should inform him after the interview. At the end, I told him that I was not ready for the position.

I am puzzled. I do not know what I like and what I want. Design of structures? Oil and gas industry? Which shall be my destined path? I wish someone could tell me.








2 comments:

kerbaurider said...

Good luck and all the best to you. Just try your best.

KEEFOO LEE said...

O&G still the best. BDCT low pay and harsh condition~ now i wish i specialize in O&G