I received an email claiming that lipstick contains high level of lead and could cause cancer. Several renowned brands were named in the email. I surfed several websites in order to check the email genuity however I couldn't come up with a good conclusion.
There are several websites which claim that it is an email hoax. This is quoted from one of the forum:
As convincing as it may sound, it it completely false. Cosmetics are regulated by the FDA and in turn, would not allow dangerous amounts of lead into a product. Most lipsticks do not contain any lead, however, if it contains lead, the content would be so small that it would not have any effect.
Other websites also provide detailed comments on this email. Click 1, 2, and 3.
On the other hand, there are also a few websites that emphasize on the exceeding limit of lead content in the lipstick, as quoted below:
Lipsticks manufactured in the United States and used daily by millions of women contain high levels of lead, according to new product tests commissioned by the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, a nonprofit coalition.
Click here.
Haha, I really do not know which source to believe in. Anyway, ladies, be careful when choosing cosmetic products. Take good care of your own health.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment