Tuesday, January 20, 2009

SLB Final Interview

I just received an email from Schlumberger notified me of the last stage interview. It will be on this coming Friday. Huh, kind of nervous and excited. Now I'm visiting SLB website in order to learn more about this company and the department.

Wish me all the best~

***************************************************************************************

I just attended the SLB interview. I met a friend from UTP who was also attending the same interview session as me. She was very excited and enthusiastic entering SLB. I wish I am like her.

The interview lasted for about 30minutes, generally touched on non-technical issues, such as giving examples on some personal qualities, hand-on experience and outdoor activities.

Again, the same issue I face everytime during my interview arose, the interviewer asked, "Why do you want to join this company while you're taking civil engineering?"

This is a difficult question. Previously I would say I like structures. If I'm not a petronas scholar, I would aim to become a structural engineer. Reality tells me that joining oil and gas industry has a more attractive return. So in the final year I specialised in Petroleum Engineering. Since then I have become interested in oil and gas industry. Does that mean that what I have learned in the first four years is a waste? No, I don't think so.

I need to wait for two weeks for the result to be released. Whether I will be employed or I have failed the interview, I will know by then. Also, the interviewer said there might be a 5th stage interview.

Haha, I'm unsure if i'm suffering some depression syndromes now. I'm sad.

Haha, I tied my hair so that I look tough, did it work?


3 comments:

kerbaurider said...

Do your best and i'll support whatever decision you make ;)Don't worry, kambate!

healins said...

to weizhu:
Thank you my dear. Let us do our best. Kambate!

Joycelyn Tan said...

good luck and all the best for you
gambateh!!