Tuesday, September 29, 2009

KK visit #1: KK bird sanctuary

In view of Kee Foo's effort to lure all of you to KK, I have decided to contribute to this mission too. Last Wednesday I visited the Kota Kinabalu City Bird Sanctuary with my friend, Yuen. This bird sanctuary is located in the heart of KK City, near Likas. It is actually a mangrove forest around 24 hectare. We read from the website that this sanctuary is a home to many kind of waterbirds like Kingfishers, Doves, Starlings, Lora's and Pigeons. However we couldn't see any during our trip there!

I was standing on a 30m height observatory tower.


A very picturesque view. The trees grow along the river bank.

We could see the mangrove canopy better from the observatory tower.


There is a 1.5km boardwalk to bring us deep into the mangrove forest.


Very serene and windy though a bit warm.


1 comment:

kerbaurider said...

the picture with sampan is great. I give u -picture of the day- award. =)