Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Recaps

Alas! I am finally back to the main land~

Some flash back....

My previous experience on Sapura3000 was too wonderful that I was hoping this trip would be a comfortable one. Ok, it’s actually quite comfortable, especially when I stayed in this OS room with an attached bathroom. Before that I was in this double room which I had to share the cannot-be-locked bathroom with the other room. Luckily I moved in to the single room huh.

It was so weird that how men and women were so different. I talked to a few Turkmens when I was having my dinner that day. They asked me how I have felt since I have been alone with all the men around me. I tried to answer politely that I have not felt even a bit uneasy though reality is the opposite. Then a Turkmen said, “if I were to be surrounded by all women, I will be so happy”. I supposed that is true and applicable for almost all the men.

Life at offshore operation was a bit routine and repeating. Operation crews are monitoring the process, instrument, equipment and facilities all the time. The construction crews are performing the structural/ painting work. Everything is very habitual. And seeing the crews working so hard to earn a living, I thought that human are just great and persistent. They could even survive this harsh and risky environment under the burning sun. A supervisor and a fitter in their fifties with white hair are still laboring to support themselves and their family. I guessed life will never fail people who try so hard. Salute~

This trip was a fruitful and meaningful one. It makes me think deeper and harder if I'm suitable to be an offshore field engineer,and if I have the courage and brilliance to survive the demanding offshore life.

p/s: going to upload the photos soon.


1 comment:

Edwin Si said...

i for 1, will be very happy if im all surrounded by hot, sexy, beautiful girls